Study Abroad Basics
Credits & Classes
In addition to the general information here, see your program’s “Course Info” tab for more specific information.
- Programs / courses taught by TCU faculty (TCU Summer / Short-Term Programs): you will enroll in a TCU course and get direct credit. All major, minor, and core attribute will be identified by the course catalog.
- Programs / courses taught at another university / institution for which TCU gives you credit (TCU-In Programs and Approved Programs): You will work with your academic advisors and dean to have the courses approved for your degree plan. Because of our partnerships, the coursework can be eligible to count for major, minor, core, or upper level elective credits if your academic units approves. All of this will be documented on your individual Credit Approval Form.
Costs & Scholarships
Getting Started & Applying
How to Contact On Call
- Phone: +1 603-952-2062 from anywhere in the world, or +1 888-637-0447 from the U.S. & Canada
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: +1 603-945-0103
For Consulates that ask TCU to apply for student visas as a group, we will apply on your behalf. But you must provide all the necessary paperwork, exactly as requested.
A visa is stamped in your current passport; therefore, your passport will be submitted with your visa application. Do not make plans to travel internationally for the duration of this process.
- All TCU students, faculty and staff traveling abroad on TCU programs or business are automatically covered under the university’s accident and illness insurance plan through On Call at no cost to the individual.
- You are covered by On Call International’s insurance for the program dates only.
- You should also maintain your own U.S. (or home country) health insurance while abroad. Consider the On Call insurance as a supplement to your own personal policy.
- For more information, review the On Call Brochure.
Contact On Call at +1 603-952-2062 and also contact your local on-site staff. On Call provides emergency services, medical referrals, and insurance while abroad.If you need minor medical care, be prepared to pay up front. After receiving care, you can submit a claim to On Call for reimbursement. If you prefer and have time to wait, you can contact On Call to schedule an appointment and prepay for your medical services.