TCU Affiliated Semester Abroad
TCU-Affiliated Programs are select study abroad programs sponsored by CIEE and IES Abroad that offer semester study abroad opportunities all over the world. Students receive TCU credit, pay TCU tuition, and can apply TCU financial aid and scholarships to program costs. They work with advisors from their provider or host university in addition to support from TCU Center for International Studies staff.
Click on the desired region to see the programs being offered:
TCU Affiliated AUSTRALIA-PACIFIC
TCU Approved MIDDLE EAST (Please email email@example.com if interested)
Credit on all TCU-Affiliated Programs returns as TCU credit and applies towards the TCU GPA. Classes count towards a student’s major, minor, core, or elective credit hours. As part of their application, students must have their courses approve through the Course Approval Process.
Some classes are easier to find than others. It’s easy to find major and minor elective credits, general electives, upper-division hours, and much of the TCU Core Curriculum, including FAR, HUM, SSC, HT, LT and RT. It is harder to satisfy specific equivalencies for the major or minor and very difficult to find NSC, MTH, and OCO. Students cannot receive CSV, GA, and WEM on these programs.
Spring 2023 Costs
- Non-Refundable First Payment: $500, to confirm your spot in the program after admission
- TCU Tuition: $26,945 (semester)
Program Fee: $2,000 – $5,000 for housing and insurance. It may or may not include meals. Consult the program-specific page for exact costs and details.
- Additional Expenses: For airfare, meals, books, personal spending money and other outside expenses not included in the program fee. Individual budgets are highly variable.
TCU bills tuition and program fees for all TCU-Approved Programs. The charges are posted to the student’s TCU billing account. However, students may be asked to pay their provider directly for other incidental charges such as housing deposits, confirmation fees, textbooks or optional field trips.
Semester charges typically post to student accounts in January (for spring) and September (for fall).
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at TCU
- At least two semesters at TCU by the start of the program
- Program-specific prerequisites, which often include GPA requirements
- October 15 – for spring programs
- Complete the TCU Study Abroad Forms. Search for your program on Global TCU and “Complete the Forms”
- Submit the Credit Approval Form with all signatures.
- Complete the Program-Specific Application found on the CIEE or IES program page
Arrival and On-Site Information