Global Scholars is a four-year, curricular and co-curricular program that incorporates personal development, intercultural competencies, knowledge, and skills that enable students to be effective, informed global citizens. Early advising, intentional engagement, study abroad opportunities, and the development of a portfolio of global competencies are distinct features of the program.
How It Works
Through the advising process, students will work with a “Navigator” to develop a personal plan that aligns program requirements with their individual global learning objectives. The plan will include a series of global-focused courses, study abroad experiences, and opportunities to engage in projects and activities motivated by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
What You Will Gain as a Global Scholar:
- Individualized learning with mentorship
- Scholarship funding to study abroad
- Study abroad experiences built into your program plan
- A portfolio of your global competencies to launch you towards your career objectives
Steps to become a Global Scholar
1. Start by attending an Info Session
Register here for an info session – Sessions take place throughout the month of September. Additional info sessions may be added throughout the rest of the semester based on interest; please contact email@example.com if interested:
- Friday, Sept. 18, 11:00 am
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 4:00 pm
- Monday, Sept. 28, 4:00 pm
2. Complete Global Scholar application
After attending an info session, you will receive information on the application process. Applications are suggested to be submitted by October 5 to make progress on first semester required activities.