TCU Approved Programs
For Spring 2022, our portfolio of study abroad offerings is limited to TCU in London (Roehampton or Westminster), TCU in Rome, TCU in Florence, TCU in Seville, and TCU in Madrid programs.
Please attend one of our informational sessions to see how the TCU-In programs will fulfill your academic needs.
TCU-Approved Programs are select study abroad programs sponsored by CIEE, IES Abroad, and SIT Study Abroad that offer semester study abroad and internship opportunities all over the world. Students receive TCU credit, pay TCU tuition, and can apply TCU financial aid and scholarships. They work with advisors from their provider or host university in addition to support from TCU Center for International Studies staff.
Credit on all TCU-Approved Programs returns as TCU credit and applies towards the TCU GPA. Classes count towards a student’s major, minor, core, or elective credit hours. As part of their application, students must have their courses pre-approved on the TCU Credit Approval Form.
Some classes are easier to find than others. It’s easy to find major and minor elective credits, general electives, upper-division hours, and much of the TCU Core Curriculum, including FAR, HUM, SSC, HT, LT and RT. It is harder to satisfy specific equivalencies for the major or minor and very difficult to find NSC, MTH, and OCO. Students cannot receive CSV, GA, and WEM on these programs.
2019 – 2020 Costs
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee: Variable. Paid directly to CIEE, IES, or SIT to reserve your space in the program.
- TCU Tuition: $24,580 (semester)
$ 1,710 per credit (summer)
- Program Fee: $1,000 – $3,000 for housing and insurance. It may or may not include meals. Consult the program-specific page for exact costs and details.
- Study Abroad Sash: $50
- Additional Expenses: For airfare, meals, books, personal spending money and other outside expenses not included in the program fee. Individual budgets are highly variable.
TCU bills tuition and program fees for all TCU-Approved Programs. The charges are posted to the student’s TCU billing account. However, students may be asked to pay their provider directly for other incidental charges such as housing deposits, confirmation fees, textbooks or optional field trips.
Semester charges typically post to student accounts in January (for spring) and September (for fall).
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at TCU
- At least two semesters at TCU by the start of the program
- Program-specific prerequisites, which often include GPA requirements
- October 15 – for spring programs
- March 15 – for fall programs
For Spring 2022, our portfolio of study abroad offerings is limited to TCU in London (Roehampton, Westminster), TCU in Rome, TCU in Florence, TCU in Seville, and TCU in Madrid programs.
Please attend one of our informational sessions to see how these programs will fulfill your academic needs.
Arrival and On-Site Information