TCU has enjoyed a rich history of faculty-led study abroad programs. To develop a study abroad program, there is a proposal process and several phases of development. Although developing a program requires time and passion, the experience is exciting and provides invaluable experiences for our students and faculty.
If you are interested in developing a summer faculty-led program, please review this Program Development document.
The proposal process for summer study abroad programs is outlined here: http://global.tcu.edu.
If you would like to develop a faculty-led program for a time other than summer, please contact the Center.
This Toolkit should answer many of your questions regarding important dates, per diems, faculty pay rate, and other policy related information.
Forms and Resources
- Per Diem Rates
- Tips for Completing Reimbursement Forms
- Example1 Reimbursement Form
- Example 2 Reimbursement Form
Please note: the example reimbursement forms are abridged and edited. They demonstrate some best practices but are not the full reimbursement submitted.
Academic Core Values of Study Abroad
- Research: student initiated research on the country and/or culture to prepare for the international experience.
- Cultural sensitivity: developing students’ understanding of and compassion towards the global community through embracing difference.
- Interaction: provide opportunities for interaction with other cultures through study abroad, technology, and other venues.
- Reflection: provide opportunities for students to reflect upon their international experience
- Communicate: provide opportunities for students and faculty to share experiences with the TCU, Fort Worth, and North Texas communities.
- Build: foster long-term relationships with students and faculty to learn how their international experiences shaped their view of the world.