Travel Authorization & Registration
Faculty & Staff Travel Authorization & Registration
Employees traveling internationally on TCU business or using TCU funds must have their travel authorized and registered in advance of travel. This includes all international travel supported by TCU, including conferences, research, creative activities, study abroad, teaching, training, recruitment, etc. Please do not register personal or other non-TCU travel. Administrative assistants can also register travel on behalf of other TCU faculty or staff.Register a New Trip Edit an Existing Trip
Note: There are additional requirements for faculty & staff traveling with students abroad. Visit the Travel with Students page.
Travel Registry FAQs
Who needs to register?
All TCU employees traveling internationally on TCU business or using TCU funds. Do not register personal travel.
Why do I need register?
- In order to verify individual coverage under the University’s accident, illness, and travel insurance plan.
- For assistance in the event of an emergency and access to a security app called Alert Traveler.
- To receive approval for travel and verification required for travel reimbursement requests.
What’s new in the registration process?
The process is now two steps instead of one.
- Step 1: You submit locations and dates of travel for approval on the Travel Authorization & Registration form. You will receive a response within 24-48 hours from the International Oversight Committee. See how the process works.
- Step 2: Once travel is approved, book your flights and accommodation, then “Edit an Existing Trip” to complete travel details.
When do I need to register for travel?
International travel should be authorized prior to committing University funds – ideally 30 days before travel.
What type of trips do I need to register?
All international travel supported by TCU, including conferences, research, creative activities, study abroad, teaching, site visits, athletics, recruitment, etc.
What happens if I don’t register?
Failure to submit Travel Authorization and Registration may result in delayed or denied reimbursements as well as denial of future travel for TCU.
Should I register my personal travel?
No, this registry is only for TCU-sponsored international travel.
Can an assistant register my travel?
Yes, assistants can register travel on behalf of other TCU faculty or staff here.
Can I edit my plans if they change?
Yes, click “Edit an Existing Trip” to access a list of all your previous Global TCU applications.
Should students register here?
No, this registry is only for TCU employees. Students register by applying to specific programs and activities. If you’re traveling with students, please review requirements for Travel with Students Abroad.
Contact email@example.com for questions or assistance with technical difficulties