The Center for International Studies (CIS) fosters internationalization of the TCU community, both on campus and abroad, through global education and initiatives that challenge student and faculty perspectives and inspire global involvement. The center serves as a resource for all campus constituents through its commitment to best practices in the field of international education, program design, and global risk management.
- Strategic development of campus internationalization efforts.
- Cultivation of local and global collaborations that promote the international educational and research mission of the institution.
- Development and support of innovative global experiences including TCU’s flagship semester programs, as well as short-term international programs led by faculty and staff.
- Advancement of initiatives that increase accessibility to global experiences for students with diverse backgrounds as well as limited financial resources and other non-financial barriers.
- Design of faculty and staff development opportunities centered on best practices in international education and program structure.
- Implementation of best practices in global risk management, including financial and logistical issues.
The Center for International Studies serves as catalysts for international awareness, cross-cultural understanding and global engagement to further advance TCU’s mission “to educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community.”
Our work is based upon research and best practices in international education, and our office is recognized by the Forum on Education Abroad for meeting quality standards of study abroad.